Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.)
Now available in Amsterdam from January 23rd! Dr. Thomas Gordon's P.E.T. class will be given by licenced Gordon®-trainer and -coach Jan Dirk van Abshoven. He is based in Amsterdam and has been giving P.E.T. classes (in Dutch) since 2004.
The Parent Effectiveness Training class is the pioneering program that has helped millions of parents around the world. Classes have been offered by certified P.E.T. instructors in as many as 53 different countries to date.
Parenting can be challenging, even overwhelming at times. Unfortunately, children don't come with an instruction manual. And, being a parent doesn't always mean that you automatically or instinctively know what to do. Maybe you've been struggling with how to parent better or maybe you've already been parenting respectfully but feel like something is missing. This area of communication is often the missing link that can help your child feel understood and cooperative so your family can work together with everyone's needs in mind.
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) offers proven and effective communication skills that really work. When parents use these skills, they are amazed by the dramatic improvement both in their families and in all their relationships. This program was created by award-winning psychologist and three-time Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Dr. Thomas Gordon in 1962.
It's a practical training on how to deal with the collisions of everyday life, how to create win-win situations and ultimately how to build mutual trust and respect.
How do you pay attention to the needs of your child? How do you meet your own needs and limits? How do you ensure that conflicts do not escalate? And when it happens, how can you stop it in a timely manner?
You too, can now learn these communication and conflict resolution skills through Dr. Gordon's P.E.T. program, in English in Amsterdam.
P.E.T. is a 20-hour program, divided into 8 sessions (2,5 hours each). This intensive proven program is taught by certified Gordon®-instructor Jan Dirk van Abshoven.
The P.E.T. class consists of brief lectures, demonstrations, workbook exercises, role-playing, some homework and small group discussion. Each class participant will receive a P.E.T. Workbook. The class and all content will be in English.
- Your children will feel free to discuss their problems and concerns with you instead of withdrawing
- They will learn self-discipline, self-control and an inner sense of personal responsibility
- You will learn how to work with each other instead of against each other
- You'll experience fewer angry outbursts and more problem-solving
- Everyone can participate in rule-setting so all will feel motivated to comply with the rules
- Fewer power struggles, less tension, less resentment, more fun, more peace, more love.
- How to talk to your children so that they will listen to you
- How to listen to your children so they feel genuinely understood
- How to resolve conflicts and problems in your family so that no one loses and problems stay solved
- A method for troubleshooting family problems and knowing which skills to use to solve them